One of the most the most standard landscaping designs include an equilibrium of green plants, flowers, trees, shrubs and grass with landscape features such as concrete, wood, bricks, decorative stone and rock. Balboa Brick and Supply offers a variety of colors and sizes, landscaping rock can be used to create imaginative focal points, durable areas for high traffic, and practical ground cover for drainage.
We offer the following varieties of rock:
- Flagstone– This is a type of flat stone that is used in the construction of patios or walkways. It can be cut into square, rectangular or decorative, irregular shapes.
- Chopped Stone and Bricks– Made of brick or natural stone, this type of rock material is ideal for use in walkways, edging, retaining walls, stone fire pits, serving areas and curbing around fireplaces.
- Larger Boulders– These are large rocks that come with naturally smooth or jagged surfaces. They are used as statement pieces or focal points that add visual impact to your landscape.
- River Rock– This is a diverse group of rocks, in many colors and textures that have been rounded and smoothed by moving water. It can be used on paths and walkways, play or picnic areas and for edging.
- River Cobble– This similar to river rock, although slightly larger. It comes from stream beds and beaches. It is used in the same way as river rock and provides excellent drainage, preventing runoff and converting rainwater to nurturing moisture for plant life.
- Del Rio Gravel– This is a small, smooth type of stone that is used for walkways, playgrounds, dog runs and high traffic areas. It is also ideal for underground drainage and pipe bedding.
- Decomposed Granite– This is made of granite aggregates 1/4 inch or smaller. It can be as fine as sand. It is perfect for filling in gaps, such as between flagstone or patio stones. It helps to preserve rainwater by preventing water runoff.