We know you take pride in having a great-looking landscape and only want the best for your property. One of the decisions that you might be making for your landscaping needs is mulch vs. stone. Both are viable options to add value to your yard but for different reasons.
Advantages of using Mulch for Landscaping:
- Mulch helps keep plants roots moist reducing evaporation which consumes less water.
- Mulch insulates the soil keeping it slightly cooler which makes it more difficult for weeds to germinate.
- Mulch breaks down and creates a nutrient rich environment for your plants.
Disadvantage of using Mulch for Landscaping:
- Mulch needs to be constantly replaced every year to keep a fresh look.
- Make sure you have top quality mulch because poor-quality mulch introduces weeds and other junk like nails and glass
Just like mulch, stone offers various benefits for landscaping. Let’s talk about the advantages of stone.
Advantages of using Stone for Landscaping:
- The stones are low maintenance and do not require replacement because of breaking down like mulch.
- Stones and decorative gravel are good at insulating the soil keeping it slightly cooler which makes it more difficult for weeds to germinate.
- The aesthetic appeal of stone is favored by many home owners. Decorative stone and gravel are available in a variety of sizes, shapes, and color blends.
You might decide to actually use both for your landscaping needs. Do not feel like you need to use one over the other! Let Balboa Brick and Supply provide all of your landscaping needs!